Surface Dressing Contractors Carlisle
Local Tar & Chip Surfacing Specialists Carlisle
Regal Surfacing is a specialist surface dressing contractor covering Carlisle and the surrounding areas. We carry out large and small commercial surface dressing projects for a wide range of clients including local authorities and councils.
Surface dressing is often referred to as ‘Tar & Chip’ and involves two main steps.
- The even spray application of an emulsion bituminous binder through a purpose-built spray tanker onto the existing road surface.
- This is immediately followed by the even application of aggregate chippings to ‘dress’ the binder.
Trusted Surface Dressing Contractors Carlisle
Our team has had many years of experience in the surface dressing industry. We offer our clients free site surveys and quotes for all surfacing projects. Our range of surface dressing and road maintenance services in Carlisle include:
- Road planning
- Public roads
- Private roads
- Private estates
- Adoptable highways
- Retail parks
- Car parking areas
- Pothole repairs
Affordable Tar & Chip Surface Dressing Carlisle
It is best to perform surface dressing before the road surface deteriorates to the stage at which expensive major patching and/or reconstruction is required.
There is also a gauge known as ‘surface skidding levels’ that needs to stay above the nationally accepted intervention level for the class of road in question. Please speak to a member of our team if you wish to get the road tested for this.
How is Carlisle road surface dressing applied?
To complete a Tar & Chip surface improvement, first a level, even application of bitumen binder is applied onto the existing Carlisle road surface from a spray tanker. Then a layer of asphalt/aggregate chippings is applied to provide a strong, skid-resistant top layer.
The top layer of chippings from surface dressing is not generally rolled into the surface after. Standard practice is to allow the weight of subsequent Carlisle road traffic to compress the chippings and naturally level out the imperfections.
Life Expectancy of Tar & Chip Surfacing in Carlisle
Proper attention to design and execution has provided surface dressing lifetimes well more than 10 years, even on very heavily trafficked sites.
What are the advantages to surface dressing in Carlisle?
- Seals the road surface against water ingress which is known to be one of the major causes of asphalt pavement deterioration.
- Arrests the deterioration of the road surface and underlying road pavement structure.
- Restores the necessary level of skid resistance to the road surface with the resultant benefits of reduction in skid related traffic accidents.
- Timely intervention will enable worn out road surfaces to last longer thereby increasing the time to when structural maintenance is required.
- Can help reduce spray caused by vehicles travelling on wet road surfaces.
- Maximises the cost effectiveness of limited highway maintenance funds.
Why choose Regal Surfacing for your Carlisle surface dressing?
We are one of the leading road Tar & Chip companies in Carlisle, with over 30 years' experience in the industry.
When you choose Regal Surfacing you are getting a company offering:
- Prompt, friendly, & professional service
- Free no-obligation quotations
- No upfront deposits required
- Fully guaranteed surfacing work
- Checked, vetted & monitored
- Hassle-free projects throughout
- Full public liability insurance
- 100% client satisfaction guaranteed
- Excellent reputation throughout Carlisle
In addition, we are accredited with:
Get a Free Carlisle Surface Dressing Quote
Fill out the form below to get a free quote for your Tar & Chip surface improvement projects:
"*" indicates required fields
Not in Carlisle? Still looking for "Tar & Chip Surface Dressing companies near me...?"
We have years of experience providing our Carlisle clients with Tar & Chip Surface Dressing, however we also cover many other regions:
Areas in Carlisle covered by our local Tar & Chip Surface Dressing services include: